There are two types of car stickers: glossy and matte. So, which type of car sticker is better when it comes to matte vs. glossy stickers? It depends on your needs and preferences.
How is the Glossy or Matte Car Sticker Made?
The difference between glossy and matte stickers is in the printing process. Glossy car stickers are printed on high-gloss paper, while matte car stickers are printed on dull or flat paper. The glossy stickers have a shiny finish, while the matte stickers have a non-reflective finish.
Matte Vs. Glossy Car Stickers in Different Aspects
- Color Appearance: The color of a glossy sticker will be more vibrant and “true to life” than the color of a matte sticker.
- Color Contrast: The color contrast of a matte sticker will be more subtle than the color contrast of a glossy sticker.
- Glare: You’ll experience less glare with a matte sticker than with a glossy sticker.
- Durability: Both glossy and matte stickers are durable. However, the matte finish may help to hide scratches and scuffs better than the glossy finish.
- Popularity: Glossy car stickers are more popular than matte stickers.
When to Choose Glossy Sticker Vinyl?
You should choose a glossy sticker if you want your car sticker to have a vibrant, “true to life” color.
When to Choose Matte Sticker Vinyl?
You should choose a matte sticker if you want your car sticker to have a subtle color contrast and less glare.
When it comes to matte vs. glossy car stickers, it all comes down to what you need. If you want a vibrant color, go with a glossy sticker. If you want a subtle color contrast and less glare, go with a matte sticker.